As a mum of three I know that being a parent automatically makes you feel guilty about something!
Here are a few things that I want you to drop off that list right now!
- For living in a house littered with plates, washing and toys
- For having a car that resembles your house
- For leaving washing up in the sink
- For running the dishwasher an extra time with a few new plates because you can’t be arsed emptying it
- For washing the same load of clothes for days on end because you keep forgetting to put it in the dryer
- For napping when your child naps meaning the above 5 points occur regularly
- For going back to work and using childcare
- For staying at home and using childcare
- For staying at home and not using childcare
- For buying their clothes and toys second hand
- For not breastfeeding
- For not breastfeeding for long enough
- For breastfeeding for too long
- For giving them banana porridge at bedtime hoping it will help them sleep
- For vacination choices
- For how your birth went
- For feeling sad
- For feeling overwhelmed
- For dreaming about a break
- For missing playgroup
- For missing playdates
- For loosing touch with old friends
- For being a helicopter parent
- For being exhausted
- For being resentful of your partner
- For being resentful of other mums
- For looking like crap
- For making an effort
- For feeling guilty
- For secretly not caring about all of the above.
Need to talk about something that has cropped up? Everyone can access a free email response or a 30 minute consultation free by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. VBP offer bespoke support services for parents from pregnancy to 5.
Why not try out Confidence Club? It’s a 6 week programme that will get you believing in yourself again, banish the guilt and leave you feeling amazing! Find out more by >clicking here<.